Now posts ↓

Friday 14 November 2008

BBC 'real player'?



Just tuned into the News Quiz on iPlayer and faced with Real Player and the most bizarre echo and not terribly good sound.

Isn't this going backwards? One would think. I shall investigate ...

Postscript: From what I can tell, it's picking up my RealPlayer installation and hence playing via that rather than Flash-based iPlayer, based on WMP. However, it's only doing this now, it was the Flash player before, so it must be something to do with my Firefox upgrade. Oh well, at least it plays. Just get bizarre echo when it starts ...

1 comment:

  1. You're not the only one!
    I am using linux though and real player, installed but not working with current site - no news quiz for me :-(
    Its odd, because other radio programmes seem to be working.

    ReplyDelete