Now posts ↓

Thursday 5 March 2009

Spotify vs last.fm


N'kay. I have been somewhat, er, bruised today by my younger colleagues concerning my affiliation to last.fm vs this new fangled thang (Spotify).

Well I am listening right now to a new listener maybe 'friend' of mine and seeing just why the social aspect of music twitches my bones. He's (?) giving me F+++++g great shit after F+++++g great shit.

A German has similar music taste to mine and through him I discover new stuff. That's how last.fm works. And it's brilliant.

I don't have stacks of 'friends' on last.fm. Just the 28. But they always show me new stuff I'll like when I try their 'stations'. That's how last.fm works. The more you put in the more you get out. And this 'station' of 'lakritza' I'm hearing hits my spot.

I steeeeetch, within my musical comfort zone. Shit, this German also likes something called 'Cowboy Junkies' (?) alongside Marvin Gaye. N'kay. S'alright.

And I add shit to my own library. And because I's a old queen, I get 2hear some fabulous retreads. Jigga jigga. Sweeeeeet. Sa-weat.

And that's a problem?

Spotify is just iTunes, better biz model.

Swish.

4 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more with you!

    I've been doing the Spotify on and off now for a few months but just can't find the love and affection for it even to compare to last.fm

    Nah, a solid partnership between the two would be the dogs b*llocks!

    *Then* I'd pony up the steep monthly fee for Spotify at once. (Last.fm of course get's my cash already.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! and it's *so much cheaper.

    I also heart lastfm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So why don't you like Spotify? I also use last.fm, but wanted to try something new. Is it worth?

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing favours Spotify over Last.fm, and that's being able to play a specific title on demand. And to a lesser degree, being able to skip through a song.

    If Spotify adds Last.fm-like user profiles to its radio feature, it'll have Last.fm beat by miles!!

    ReplyDelete